Because why not, right? When is the last time I have done one of these? Well, I looked it up and I can tell you it was July 15. JULY. Seize the day, right? Jimmie is still sleeping (he is sick) so let’s do this!
- I am in the middle of the second episode of the new Gilmore Girls season. So far, it brings back fond memories, but it feels rushed. Plus, I haven’t seen Jess yet, so that doesn’t trill me. I wish they made it into a 12 episode thing instead of four long episodes. Who has time for that? Not me.
- I am reading the new Nicholas Sparks book, Two by Two. It is keeping me interested, which is a good thing since I’ve had trouble focusing (and finishing) books lately. I had to scan the last 100 pages of Truly, Madly, Guilty by Laine Moriatry, just so I could return it (it was already three days late on a seven day loan). So now, instead of buying books, I just give my money to the library in late fees. I am going to be about 10 books under my reading goal for the year, and one less than I read last year. How is that possible?
- Christmas magic is up in our household. Every year, I take our stuff out and I think, “I need more.” I truly do need more. We don’t have much since we have been moving around a bunch. I hate that all Christmas decorations either have to be lit up and/or are sparkly. I added two things to our collection this year. Luckily, neither of them light up and there are no sparkles involved.
- Jimmie still isn’t 100% using silverware. I guess it is a kid thing, and he is only 2 1/2, but lately he has been trying so hard. In a sense I am proud of him, but also frustrated because he is trying to eat EVERYTHING with his fork. Like his banana, and a cracker. I tried to explain that you can pick these things up with your fingers, but he refused. The cracker broke, crying ensued, and I had to bring him a new cracker that wasn’t broken. This went on for a good 15 minutes.
- I am obsessed with the Ibotta rebate app. Yesterday, I redeemed 10 rebates and got back $7.25 plus I got a $5 bonus for redeeming the 10 rebates. I am also halfway to the $20 Christmas bonus that requires redeeming 20 rebates. I have already cashed out $50 in gift cards and have enough for another $25 gift card. They email you the gift cards, which makes things even easier, or you can cash out through pay pal. (FREE MONEY, people.) Sign up here and earn $10 after you redeem one rebate. It is super easy, I promise. I only buy stuff I know I need to use or want to use. If you’re not using this app, you are missing out on a lot of cash back.
This is what happens when you child is sick, they wake up at 4::30 in the morning and refuse to nap. They fall asleep at 3 watching TV. Luckily, Toby woke him up at 3:45 and he still went to bed without a peep at 7:15. The snuggles were quite precious, though. That’s how I know he is sick when he will sit with me and watch TV.
My favorite room in the house. It is also the most decorated one, Jimmie helped us decorate the tree and has been pretty good with it so far. He likes to point out all of the ornaments. It is kind of like a fun search and find.